||SanoSat-1 (Nepal PQ-1)
|Units or mass
||Operational (According to SatNOGS dashboard last checked on 2022-05-26)
||Albapod [Alba Orbital]
||Falcon 9 (Transporter-3) (Alba Cluster 3)
||Academic / Education
||Alba Orbital, Exolaunch
Develop affordable picosatellite for the amateur radio community.
Design and develop an affordable pico-satellite for amateur community by using easily available commercial off-the-shelf (COST) components, and launch into space.
- Amateur radio users will be able to receive telemetry data from the satellite. This will help to promote about amateur radio among the youth, and new generation.
- SanoSat-1 satellite has a Gamma Radiation sensor as a payload. It is our primary mission to measure the space radiation while orbiting, and downlinked the measured radiation level periodically to earth using RTTY-FSK modulation. All amateur radio user will be able to receive and decode the radiation measurement data.
- SanoSat-1 satellite also has a secondary mission as a demonstration of the store and forward concept, which will be useful in the disaster-prone remote places, where the satellite collects data from ground-based sensors, stores on board and transmits to the main station. We will make available the design and kit for the ground-based sensors for the general public. All amateur radio users will be able to receive telemetry data from our satellite. We aim to encourage more people to join into the amateur radio group. They will be able to receive data from our satellite. The payload data and housekeeping data are transmitted using RTTY-FSK modulation. The housekeeping data and call-sign are transmitted using CW Morse Beacon.
- We also aim to promote about amateur radio and satellite technology to the students in science and technology around the globe, by organizing hands-on workshop about building pico-satellite, and ground-station. We will give them opportunity to build affordable open-source ground station (SatNOGS) and dedicated GFSK receiver ground-station to receive data from our satellite.
- We will make the design of our satellite open source, and how to decode the received data will be made available to public.
||    
||   
Last modified: 2022-12-29
Detailed SanoSat-1 entry in the Database
Full Nanosats Database (much more data)